28 Jan Orkney Fishing Boat Update – new floor
You might have seen from our previous post that one of our big jobs this Winter is the large scale repair to this 20ft Orkney fishing boat.
We’re pleased to report that we’ve now completed the strengthening of the floor base and fitting of the new floor. This repair took 5 key stages:
1. We encased the bulk head and stringers in glass fibre twill
2. We put in extra flanges on the bulk heads
3. We added support measures on the flanges
4. We put special polystyrene block in to completely fill the space
5. Finally, we fitted the new floor onto this new base
More updates to follow as we work through this repair, which is being done alongside other smaller and more urgent jobs that come and go each week.